About Me

Saving you money and time by sharing with you cheap tricks and tricks

Thursday, January 13, 2011

PE1_iMovie

To be or not to be an iMovie "expert"...to be (because it's an assignment)

I have recently began my journey in learning about the program called iMovie. I hope that this expansion will allow me to use this program to its fullest capacity. In my first sitting, I watched about 6 session of the class and have already been overloaded with some great information that will help me with my video usage in and and out of the classroom.

In the school I teach at, we are very fortunate to be a mac based school. I have used iMovie in the past 3 years of teaching about 3 times....sad I know! It has been interesting these past few months viewing other peer's work that was produced by iMovie and I have this yearning feeling that I want to learn more about it!

Some lessons that were quite significant to myself were the lesson on learning how to make folders for you 'finished' videos. In the past, I really didn't know what to do or how to move the movie's that I had finished and just clicked and deleted them and now I definitely regret what I had done in my past experiences. Even thinking back to the beginning of my FS education....I deleted those as well! But the ones that I did still have, I followed the simple steps of the training and rearranged my video's into easy to located folders.
With a simple click and drag, I was able to make new folders, label them, and organize my past videos. It was SOOOO easy. Now instead of opening an cluttered and overwhelming program full of videos...it is now neat and clutter free!

Another significant lesson included to use of importing different types of video, which I could definitely see being useful for my family videos that are located on a an old school VHS camcorder!

I also enjoyed learning about how to put different themes, title pages, and even credits to my videos.
Not only does the picture above show you the skills of adding a title page or theme to a project but it also shows the usability of the active and non-active parts of the video. I was also so confused with how the screen was split and why the video had green lines but after the trainings from the first 6 sessions it totally make sense now!

I have really enjoyed the trainings that I have done thus far with my iMovie training. Below you will see a simple snap shot of the titles of the trainings I have completed thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment